Sunday, November 6, 2011

ReAffirmation

Reaffirmation-tr.v. re·af·firmed, re·af·firm·ing, re·af·firms
To affirm or assert again.
 
Lost motivation.
A crippling sensation that hinders elevation.
Elevation of thought lacking elements taught from prior sessions wrought.
Maneuvering through my maelstrom of thought to construct a noteworthy plot.
It's easier just to give up, put it off. "I'll come back to it later..." I tell myself.
Convinced that within my thoughts contain my wealth, I let that feeling fade.
Pen doesn't touch paper for Moon upon Moon, what was once sharp slowly dulling to a rusted blade.
I find myself slowly falling into an slump, the poison that is Sloth attempting to consume.
It's corrosive effects exposed to my soul and hindering it's bloom.
I could let my thoughts be stifled and choked. Let my hopes remain battered and broke.
A remnant of potential washed away by inessentials. Lost in the norm. A Rose lost in it's thorns.
Forlorn doubts cloud the skies of creativity. No more Ramblings. Thoughts dead. Inactivity.
Or I could remember my purpose. My power. My passion. Pen meet papers in publishing fashion.
The will to create landscapes out of space or use wordplay to outplay escapades.
I have complete intentions on overshadowing competition; achieving praise and noteworthy recognition.
I refuse to stop working and improving until there's cause for celebration.
I've committed myself to this task, so I'll call this my Reaffirmation.

1 comment:

  1. We all reach a stalemate in life and the concurred just settle for a life of mediocrity while over reaffirm themselves and concur those stagnant moments that hold them back from proclaiming a successful/productive life. My applause on your inspiring mark on my mind.

    ReplyDelete