Thursday, November 15, 2012

Double Homicide

...I killed your trust.

The dagger of deceit bloodied, clenched in my fist -
and I thrust,
and I thrust -
guess I do it for the rush.

I might do it for the lust; the stimulation of fabrication.
Truth lost to lies, isn't that what built the Nation?

Smiles lost to cries because of pointless conversation.

I wrapped you in lies because the world was too cold.
Was I wrong to keep you warm?
Does that make me too bold?
I was told to protect you; were my methods too old?
I wish you'd buy what I'm saying, but you're not looking sold.

I killed your trust.
Watching it die is the worst.
Never lost eye contact while I watched the last breath contract.
It's a fact that I did it.
It was wack, I admit it.
My saving grace is that I said it to your face.
My intentions were pure, although horribly misplaced..

Next time, I'll let you drown in that cruel ocean of truth.
Let hope keep you afloat. I would have thrown you a rope!
But I severed that life with that dagger; same one I killed your trust with.

Double Homicide.

You should have just accepted my lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment