Thursday, December 13, 2012

Daylight


This darkness does me no favors as I lay in its embrace. It’s the quiet that I savor.

Cold nights and solitude for my thoughts to surround me. My life gets crazy so I need my mind to ground me.

Soothe me in logic as I dream about the illogical. Dreams of conquest make my ambition probable.

I can be my own problem;  but that doesn’t make me solvable.  So it makes no sense to even go on involving you.

Hands soaked in Sin so what I look like Absolving you? A couple ‘Amens’ from a couple friends with bad intentions.

The type that’ll make you wild out to get attention. Tearing up the foundation until you’re forced to see my visions.

Retention turns to remission. You’re forgetting what you’re taught now.

Forgetting how you came up but hating how you were brought down.

Oppressed opinions from cheap minions and condescending critics who tell you how to live but talk about it like they did it. Fuck 'em.

Pushed to the limit of sanity while spewing profanity at myself in a cracked mirror, yet still being accused of vanity.

I’ll just lay down in this darkness, breathe deep, and take it light. And if there’s still mercy in this world, I’ll awake to Daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment