Thursday, December 13, 2012

Loveless Verses


You want the answers to questions I don’t have and may never.  All I offer is condolences and hopes that it gets better.

 The sun falls on the East but then rises on the West. Just because you didn’t get chosen doesn’t mean that you’re not next.  But you’re not MY next and you’re not MY ex.

No titles exchanged to explain or take out of context.

But all you want is a text.

A confession of unbridled love I can type out but never send.  All I can offer is soft words and rough sex.

You’re a mess. Hair wild from sleepless nights with tear stained cheeks as you type. “It’s Okay. I understand” But you don’t, even though I’m right.

Our love wasn’t meant to exist but you made the choice to birth it.

Now you’re nursing a wounded heart and a fractured Dream. Was I worth it?

I can’t love you back and that doesn’t mean you’re worthless.

And I can’t convey your love, but I can use your pain in my Verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment