Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mental Cardio

Dim room with one candle lit.
Mind running laps. Mental Cardio - can I handle it?
Pretty girl, naked in my bed, drenched in warm sweat.
It's gonna break her heart when I tell her that it's just sex.
Raindrops; symbolic of the Love people falling in.
You givin 'em your heart. I'm still givin these chicks Latex.
What?! At least it's safe sex; no protection for your mindset.

Mental Cardio - Let's move on to the next set.

I love her, she loves me not. That puts me in a strange spot.
Never been the type to ride bench. She asked me to. That's nonsense!
Haven't moved since...this ain't me. She ain't HER but this ain't 'WE'.
And it's not just the sex. I mean, the sex is where it's at. It's the way we conversate and relax that attracts.
I wanna be where you're at -- consistent basis and all that. Let me know what's the deal and we can get this thing on track.

Brightly lit room. Lights on...yo, where is this chick?!
She's playing mind games. Mental Cardio -- I can't STAND this shit. 
Heartstrings; tugging them. Imma violin to this vixen. Playing me for a fool.
Gaming me with no intentions.
In love with me when you're with me but forget me when a text comes.
I'm blind to that, though. Might as well be fuckin deaf, dumb.
Guess that's why I'm dressed up to be stood up on a whim now.

Mental Cardio -- Think I'm tired of running game. Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like reading the transition from initial excitement to realization and finally regret (?)

    ReplyDelete