Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Love & War.





They say alls fair in Love & War, boo, yeah that is real.
And we're both scarred from our past so I guess Love -IS- a Battlefield.
We both said we weren't built for no relationships, that's the deal
Makes no sense why I got a sword and this tattered shield.


We got together, boo'ed up, settled down, and moved in.
Your ex ain't like that. Screw him. He fell back. I moved in.
I stayed here, we stayed clear. You had trust. I had fears.
We dealt through our issues flawlessly. We got time in. Bout 3 Years.


Bey said 'Love it, put a ring on it'. So I went to Jared next day and got a piece with a lil 'Bling' on it.
Put on that Alicia Keys track and let her sing on it. And gave it to you wild. Unthinkable. Think on it!


Funny how we started from not really wanting much, to admiring our irises with breakfast and sun rises.
You told me you was fertile so I expected no surprises. 9 months later I'm watching as the head of our son rises.


And I could only love you more. Never felt this way before.
I had ice around my heart but you just walked in. Open door.
Other girls, I can ignore. They can beg or just implore.
You was the only one who helped me up when I was left laying on the floor.


Held me down strong like a Queen is really meant to. Baby, you're my Goddess. Now lemme bless your temple.
Spread your legs, arch your back, I'll beat it to the tempo. Rough in the sheets, but making love to your mental.
Mind sex. Timeless. Time out, Time in. I pick you up, you lay me down. I tickle you, You run around. I catch you.
I caught you.
I paid dues; I bought you.
We're in this together, it's our life.
I lucked out; you're -MY- Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment