Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Man's Regret. ( Rear View Reflections )





Yeah, I'm sitting in the crib actin like I don't miss her. Noticing with all her shit gone, the spot a whole lot bigger.
The problems we went through was enough to make you move out and break pictures, but I'll be damned if I see you shining with the next nigga.
All pride aside, I'm a man first and foremost. So when you left, I ain't beg, I let you dip like a Lays. Let you slide on the praise of you doing it on your own.
"You ain't shit without me, bitch, move without me. You're grown!"

Never really thought that you'd split and leave me out here all alone.
So I'm calling you back to back just to argue on the phone.
Bringing up old dirt just to throw it in your face, but you hitting ignore on me fast, like you putting me in my place.
You got some real nerve, girl, yo, you really out of pace. I always kept you two steps behind me like you in a losing race.
Now you're 3 steps in front and you're really gaining space. I guess you got mistreated for too long and you're tired of the waste?

Aight, I wasn't the most respectful and I called you out your name. Maybe I chuckled at your dreams and kept laughing at your pain.
And I was real reckless with that thick chick from Texas, but all the same. That's no reason to submit to all the pressures of the pain.
And I realize that I'd revised the way that I'd would treat you. I'll refrain! And the fact that I grabbed you, shouted, and hit you, I'm ashamed.
But I've been with you since we graduated, sorry that I get aggravated. But those dudes that flirt with you on Twitter just really get me agitated!
I got a quick temper mixed with unstable ass emotions... but don't let my outburst outweigh my level of devotion.
Pain makes you cry rivers but between us lies an Ocean. And I'd brave any waters out of pure will and compulsion!
I know these sound like excuses that I'm using 'cause I'm useless but I'll use them to renew the flame that passion that we're use to!
All I need is a sign, some recognition, or a call!

Until then I'll regret, reflecting on the last picture of you on our Wall.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you can't go wrong with Alicia Keys and 'Unthinkable' in the background! And the instrumental, at that? Great choice! Very mood invoking and emotional music...perfect for this piece. Kudos, JR. Another excerpt from your heart! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete