Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cold Water

I got Ice in my veins; Cold Water.
If it's blood on the floor, I'm the one who did the slaughter.
My words I implore to observe and open doors so my pattern of impractice hasn't yet been seen before.
Before I could explore the depths of expressions, you expressed your obsession to keeping me neglected.
From neglected to shut in, and finally to shut down. The road to my heart is closed, ma'am, you'll have to go around.

I got Frost on my heart; No Love.
Love will only get you hurt, trampled, and sprawled in the dirt.
Give another person your secrets and watch them utilize.
Disguise your weakness with your kindness; they can't wait to scrutinize.
Watch them smile in your face with a dagger behind them.
The snakes live in the grass; take your time and align them.
Take the dagger from the fakes and cut the head off the snakes.
I'll reveal not -ONE- weakness, so you better raise the stakes!

I'm a Cold individual; Gotta Be!
It's obvious you look for my weaknesses to represent me.
Paint me as the cruel villian with visions of rude dealings.
Not once did you take the time to understand MY feelings.
So I'll be the bad guy!! Lemme hold that mask and that cape!
I'll be the scapegoat while you escape. Guess this is my fate.
It was my fault from the beginning, letting you use me as bait.
But if you need me, I'm chilling, so you'll just have to wait.

'Cause I got Ice in my veins; Cold Water.

1 comment:

  1. Very blunt and what surprises me is that to an extent we have a a bit in common, different lines but almost the same stride. This isn't dark to me just quite brash and with some people and events in life you have to be just that to quickly get your point across w/o any misunderstandings or unnecessary events or conversations to further occur. This illustrated how I felt after my daughter's father and I split up. So applause to another great piece!

    ReplyDelete