Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tilted Crown.

I don't mind if you looking down on me, shake your head and frown at me.
I've been down before, you see, so your thoughts are just a crown to me.
I'll wear it with contentment but inside me is resentment. You said you'd support me and truthfully I gotta wonder if you really meant it?
Was it just a conversation? Something to do to pass the time?
"I'll tell him he's awesome. I'll tell him he's fine. As long as I'm eating. He's paying. His dime."
Tell me you love my writing and you've never even read it. Just because it's in your Inbox doesn't mean you've check the message.

Just because you said you loved me doesn't mean you never second-guessed it. So I guess my question is 'Why do you feel that I'm a bad investment?'.
You didn't feel that way when we were up with the late-night conversations. Or the texting, or the sexting, or the sexual relations?
I'm can't wait to hear this shit...I might die from anticipation! To hear what comes from between those lips will be the GREATEST Revelation!!

Oh, now you're quiet and you're silenced. Your gaze cast down to the floor. Funny....
I use to be down there, but not anymore.
I'm standing on your level, better yet, I got you by a couple inches.
I believe in me now. Now more so than ever. I'm actually a bit pretentious!
I've grown past you, and past you. So you keep on looking down.
And keep this, you can have this back. I've outgrown this Crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment