Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Audition



I observed you from afar, just as I observed you then. Except the space between us has diminished since then. What was once a busy street filled with life and traffic has turned into a coffee table and the other side of a love seat. I’ve managed to pull you away from the rest of the world just to inhabit mine for a short time. Your shy smile and dazzling eyes dance in the light of the candle; a waltz I could never hope to intrude upon. We exchange small talk over smaller sips of wine. You intrigue me with your knowledge. Superior to your peers, yet, making me almost inferior because of your confidence. I’m challenged, captivated, and charmed. A strong woman would be an understatement. You’re the embodiment of courage while maintaining the poise and grace unfitting your mere 25 years on this Earth. How could I accommodate you? It’s far too soon for the physical yet I allow my eyes to casually trace your neckline just so you know carnal knowledge is there. Yet, we won’t awaken it tonight. No, tonight is my Audition. There may be a better Leading Man for you, but my pride demands I doubt it. You acknowledge this and your smile broadens. We’re both taken with conversation; the curtain rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment