Saturday, September 15, 2012

Follow Suit ( That Damn Foot )



If I took one step forward, then I’m approaching my future. It’s just moving that damn other foot to follow suit. I got a lot of distractions and reactions from my past. That’s where most of my experience has taken root. I’ve advanced in age in the ways of a Sage, and I’ve set my own stage to boot. Nowhere near my last Act; still don’t know how to act. 

I’ve added my cents and divided my sense, so there’s not much left to do but subtract.
 Subtract the fears of progressions.
 Subtract the tears of regression.
 Subtract the years of distrust, hate, and anger I’ve held waiting for a timely confession. 

How many times will I allow the sands of opportunity to slide through my fingers like the softest silk? I’ve rather relish the sweet caress of success than be that fearful bird hesitant to leave the nest. I’ve made up my mind to approach life in stride; confidently strapping on my boots. Put my right in front of my left and took the first step. It’s just moving that damn other foot to follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment