Saturday, September 15, 2012

Childhood Ignorance



That childhood ignorance is what I miss. Where I could afford to make petty mistakes, scrape knees, and laugh in pure bliss. Unaware of future consequences or cold pretenses, I could live in that moment and be happy. I knew the purest love I’d ever known then. The slightly cold bath was so that I wasn’t burned. The hot food was to keep me nourished, never earned. Every gift a surprises, even those I may not have deserved. Words were never enough, so I kept mine short when around elders. Being polite got me rewarded; speech was simple, never contorted. A sense of security where a smile was genuine;  no underlying dagger behind the back with mistrust and malice. Then again, all of these things were there. I was allowed to exist in my bubble because of my age, believing the world was fair! Hateful, cold, untrusting, diabolical, and ruthless without a care! I have money in my pocket but despite that fact; no amount in the world could buy that childhood ignorance back.

No comments:

Post a Comment